Thursday, August 14, 2008

Gratitude List III & IV

It really is weird how this continues to be the hardest blog to keep a running list. Do I have little gratitude for all the many blessings and unfoldings that have happened at Sun Eaters and in my sustainable life? No way. But I think that it is partially because I wish that I was the therapist for my staff instead of their employer. It would make it so much easier for me to stay clear about who they are as humans.

But still I do appreciate many things despite not always being able to notice them. I am superbly grateful for:

The great food. Every day I know that I am going to get a delicious meal that I can handle well. Not many people in the world can say that.

The trust of the staff. Despite feeling like I am sometimes being asked to parent others, I appreciate how much I am trusted to treat the staff well and to think about them with some clarity.

The flexible nature of the business. I work in clothes that sometimes seem more suited for the beach. And I have never had to make any excuses for them. How wonderful!

My relationship with the people who shop in the shop. I think that people feel looked out for if I am around. When I have not been on Roberts St for a few days I truly miss the interaction with people who come to use the shop - for whatever reason. This is such a blessing!

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

No comments: