Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Two For The Price of One

I DID go to Jamaica for a definitive purpose; to get hooked up with a regional organic network and to get trained to train organic farmers. But I got much more than that. I met many wonderful people and am now linked to organic energy in almost all of the Commonwealth Caribbean territories.
AND in addition
I had a little side workshop. Chi Gong, Deva Premal, Forest Sprites and Imps were all present and helping direct things down the perfect path.

WORKSHOP ONE

The Organic Workshop

The Knowing and Growing Network has been functioning in the Caribbean for about 4 years. This has been a concerted effort to support gender equity in the organic farming sector. Most of the workshops to date have involved exclusively women. This workshop in Jamaica was the first one that had men included – mainly male organic farmers – and also included a few Information and Communication Tech types.

I learned a ton, got to share my experiences, and dissolved a lot of misinformation that I had regarding what is possible. But best of all I made connections across race, class and gender that left me dying for more.

WORKSHOP TWO

The Unseen

So much about Xaymaca left me in awe. And I am sure that the Mama Tierra energy of the place made it inevitable to tap into the earth source. And I did. I greeted the earth energy, the fire energy and the air energy. But water energy was a bit more tricky until I was walking through the Botanic Gardens and saw a stream right in the middle of the lawn! Kingston does not have swimmable water. Oh, and I stood for quite a while as a cloud swirled around me on the Blue Mountains - an elegant presentation of air and water. The Avatar arose in me.

The world around was responsive to my calls, and I felt a deep and lasting connection with this amazing life source. To think that it took going to Xaymaca to make me feel to run away!

No comments: