Sunday, June 29, 2008

The First Meeting of the Cooperative

I just realised that I forgot to take pictures yesterday - Awwww!
When I looked around the room with all these beautiful people there to make a world affirming choice I had to hold back my feelings of joy. The gene pool was astounding! There were people from all the corners of the globe and Trinis with all ways of life. It will be interesting to see an organization with this level of diversity.

The meeting ran from 4 to 6PM and I had to run out to another meeting. But I heard that they had to sweep people out! That's what happens when the chemistry just clicks.

Several things became clear; that we have to prioritize our mission statement, and that there is a strong desire to continue the shop. So now the work begins.

On Monday a few of us will meet to examine the business feasibility and to come up with a business plan. Others will focus on the legal end of things. And yet others will focus on fundraising. There's quite a bit to be done so if you have any free time please volunteer for something - even if it is a one time thing for a few hours.

No comments: