Monday, May 12, 2008

Leaving Room for Milk




My days are often full of moments of hesitation. I can feel when my intuition/inner voice has something to say. And either I choose to listen and heed or not. Many times these days what happens is that I start to overdo things and suddenly I get to realise that it doesn't all have to be perfect. The little voice says - leave the dishes on the counter until tomorrow and just sit down. Or - the clothes can wait till later. Go and read a book to the little ones, or read a book to myself, or look at a movie. What revolutionary thoughts!

And in the midst of my checks being doodled on and torn out of my checkbook, a bottle of pineapple juice being spilled on the car floor, a glass of water being poured into my cereal, and lots more, it is still amazing to notice how perfect my son and daughter are. And so there must be some time remaining in my life to enjoy the simple pleasures with them. The raucous laughter at a simple sentence, the enthusiastic description of a Pokemon card, and the rapid gobbling of a favorite cereal. And of course today it is about 1 hour of Efua singing the same line to her petite dolly.

Always leave room for the milk on top ... just in case

No comments: